grasping at space



  • If this is your first visit, click here to read "A corollary to the Jarvis Doctrine"
  • Friday, May 06, 2005

    Thank you, Chan Chandler. I needed that.

    Well. For days now, I’ve been angry because I haven’t been able to make my essay on the UU’s First Principle suitable for posting, and because I still have no job, and because the law firms that interview me keep telling me that I have a bright future, just not with them.

    And then along comes that two-bit Baptist dictator, Chan Chandler.

    And then along comes a gutless state chairman of the Democratic Party.

    Come on, Jerry Meek. Threatening the church’s non-profit status? That’s the best you can do? Allow me to usurp your office for a moment.

    First, note that Pastor Chandler says that the ouster of the nine members was not politically motivated. Well then, in all likelihood, he must believe he had a legitimate spiritual motivation. Challenge the man to give a scriptural justification for his actions. Ask for the chapter and verse that says God is a Republican.

    Second, the nine ousted people and the forty who left in disgust need a place to go on Sunday. The appropriate place for them to go is the place where they would ordinarily go, if not for Pastor Chandler: the East Waynesville Baptist Church. And that’s exactly where they should go – along with a large crowd of righteously indignant Democrats, ready to worship God according to their inclinations and their consciences. Oh yeah, and a TV news crew.

    Any jackass can issue a press release. Do something substantive.

    3 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Amazing the ignorance of your post.....
    I do not even wish to spend the time to post a total
    b i t c h s l a p p i n g of your position suffice it
    to say its people like you that make me offending to be a human.

    Wed May 11, 07:19:00 PM PDT  
    Blogger Obijuan said...

    . . . but instead you spend the time for a cowardly, anonymous, ad hominem attack? I'd say that's what makes you offending. . .

    Wed May 11, 08:56:00 PM PDT  
    Blogger Gentle Giant said...

    Seems that reason has prevailed, this time anyway. Chandler has resigned.

    http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/05/10/church.politics.ap/

    Thu May 12, 11:49:00 AM PDT  

    Post a Comment

    << Home