grasping at space



  • If this is your first visit, click here to read "A corollary to the Jarvis Doctrine"
  • Friday, May 13, 2005

    A posting in which the author asks readers to bitchslap him

    I’m considering printing and framing the first piece of hate mail my blog has generated, but before I do that, I’m going to take the time to respond.

    I don’t deny the ignorance of my post about Chan Chandler and Jerry Meek. It was written from the gut, at a time when I was already in a bad mood regarding things totally unrelated. And I don’t deny my ignorance about things in general, as you can probably tell by the name of my blog, and by the quotation from Tsung Kao at the top of the page. And I’m probably guilty of having violated my pledge to uphold standards of civilized discourse.

    I’m not sure what a “total bitchslapping” of my position would entail. Frankly, I thought I was more critical of Meek than of Chandler. (I used the word “jackass” in reference to a state chairman of the Democratic Party knowingly, and the gist of my complaint is against him.) So, was the writer contemplating a harsh rebuttal of my positions regarding both of them? I doubt it, but I don’t really know. At any rate, since the writer decided not to “bitchslap” me, I’m no less ignorant now than I was before.

    All right. As I’ve been typing this, I’ve made my decision. I’m not going to print and frame this piece of hate mail. I’m going to save that privilege for the writer who decides that he or she does want to take the time to refute one of my posts, whether that takes the form of a “bitchslapping” or of a friendly attempt to enlighten me through constructive criticism.

    1 Comments:

    Blogger not-enuf-time said...

    Great blog.  I just like the site and I will get a
    visit again! In my spare time I usually try and look
    for blogs just as neat as yours.
    Everyday of the month you need to peep my ace cash advance
    blog.

    Sat Oct 01, 12:42:00 AM PDT  

    Post a Comment

    << Home